Saturday, January 1, 2011

Arched windows galor!

I now have 54 windows sitting on my self healing mat. They are of two designs: single and double pane. The single pane variety are for the South Park's 1879 chair cars. They require 15 per side plus 2 per end (17 minimum to produce the necessary kit parts). Combine #6 requires the double pane variety, 11 per side plus 2 per end, while the 1879 baggage cars require 4 per side. I'm looking forward to building the car sides quite soon. I'll then need to create a 40'4" car version of the roof and continue with the odds and ends (end beams, roof vents, etc).

Photobucket
These are 2" scale wider than the original version.

--------------------------------------------------------

On a related note, my Oahu Railway coach is coming together. Here's a photo of here:

Photobucket
The wavy roof is an optical illusion created by a slight bow in the not-yet-attached and missing-the-interior-wall side. When pressed into place, it is beautifully straight.

I really love the Oahu Railway, DSP&P and Colorado Central. That were such interesting roads.

No comments: