Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On3 resumed

Christmas has come and gone, and the skeleton of an 1871 2-4-0 was very well received by a toddler as it raced around the tree. Still plenty of work to put into it, but I have resumed my On3 work.

I chose to go 50/50 coach green/pullman green for the OR&L coach and I love it. I made the horrendous mistake (realizing it at the time) in going with Testor's yellow for the windows. I won't do that again. My air brush allows me to to a far better job than those spray cans. Regardless, it was acceptable with some brush touchups. So, I'm assembling the OR&L coach now.

Photobucket

For Christmas, I received a variety of goodies. I will be had pressed to resist the temptation to build my new Grandt Line stock car kit. I can do it in around 4-6hrs, but there are other projects I should give a higher priority to. I plan on building it as a truss rod car since I already have two with steel underframes. The excess parts will go to a C&S SUF boxcar.

No comments: