Thursday, March 19, 2009

returning to work

I've spent the past month immersed in fulfilling a current portion of my graduate school requirements. While it has been limiting my time for 6 months+, it really took over around a month ago. As of today, that is completed.

I have made a little bit of progress with my trains. Liam's 2-6-0 has two frame sides cut out of 0.080" styrene. I've also produced a few different passenger car end parts.

Tonight, I've been working on getting my layout's mainline back in service. The project had left me with 7' of operational mainline for the past six months. I know have half of it back in service. I cut out a few PCB ties and soldered 3" long pieces of curved rail to them to join the curved sections. In the future, I'll consider making the curved sections 1-piecers.

No comments: