Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Business organization

Today, I formed a partnership with a resin caster/mold maker. The circumstances are such where it will be a very mutually beneficial arrangement for him, myself, and potential customers. I will be free to spend more time doing what I'm best at: creating masters from styrene and brass while he handles the production. The result is that we'll be able to bring more models to the market and produce a greater quantity of them.

Next week he will start on the Oahu Railway coaches. I don't know if he'll use any of my molds, but I don't expect this to delay their release. It is also quite likely that I'll be passing him my 23' Colorado Central flatcar patterns. They are nearly ready, so I'll make a big push this week to finish them up. I'll also try to get gondola sides for them ready and maybe even get something else ready. If I can sell enough to keep him interested, then I'll continue to be free to focus on bringing more kits to the market.

In other news, I will be starting a job on Monday. I'm quite excited as it is a very good fit for me: a good company, good co-workers, a good project, uses my master's degree, and will help me earn my Professional Engineer's License. No longer being forced to focus on school, the job search, and being a stay at home dad (less fun than it sounds), I'll have more mental freedom to pursue modeling. Thank God!

No comments: