Saturday, July 17, 2010

Working on the details

I haven't completed much work this week. A very good pet died on Monday evening. He was a 5.5yr old cat. That left me bummed out and unable to really enjoy my hobby. He seemed to be perfectly fine until he collapsed and died...probably heart related. There were few things he enjoyed more than visiting my model railroad. Our surviving cat (6 yrs old) is also quite the railfan.

The bolster master for the shop built Oahu Railway coaches is essentially complete. The needlebeam is largely complete as well. Due to the effort it would require to fit the body bolster into the frame, I've decided that I'll add them to a new frame master to save much time and effort during assembly. In turn, I may release the Carter Bros coaches first since they'll use the existing frame mold. I already have the needlebeams for them well on their way and their bolsters were quite simple. The remaining parts consist of grab iron bending jigs, steps, and possibly brake parts.

With the Oahu Railway passenger cars nearly ready for production, I'm planning how to built DSP&P combine #6, chair cars #7-8, and baggage cars #40-41. They'll probably be next. I've been working on determining the width and spacing of the windows...a tricky task since #6 and #7-8 were different lengths.

No comments: