Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OR&L roof frame complete

The Oahu Railway roof framing is complete:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That piece of styrene in the middle will be removed once the sheathing is complete.

Now, I've begun to sheath it. The ends have their first layer:
Photobucket

Tonight, the first layer of sheathing on the short carlines is in place and the glue is drying.

For future planning, I've performed some research towards equipping my planned Pullman Plan 73 sleepers with the appropriate 6'wb trucks and 30" wheels. The Plan 73A are the only passenger cars which I can recall having been offered commercially...but I strongly prefer the more balanced looking Plan 73 cars. After I get my masters ready for the Oahu Railway coach, I can pretty much do all of there pre-1921 passenger car roster without much of a sweat (after 1921, they also had 44' arched roof cars)...so my passenger car attention will shift back to cars for the South Park Line.

No comments: