Sunday, February 14, 2010

Casting on Valentine's Day

What a wife I have! She allowed me to take 4 hours for an NMRA meeting/layout tours, as well as an hour before church producing my first castings from the new OR&L car side/end molds. This evening she made Milanese Risotto (she did it the way I would, with chicken broth instead of beef so that it had a nice, yellow color) while I made authentic Wiener Schnitzel. Thanks honey, you're great!

And so here is the pre-production castings along with the roof. Note that the fascia is missing, hence the gap between the two, and I haven't yet performed the touch ups on the roof...

Photobucket

The side mold is perfect. There is a slight detail change I might make to the end master and then produce a new end mold. With the pre-production samples in hand, I can now prepare the frame and window masters, as well as prep the roof for molding.

I'm very enthusiastic as I think about my next project (I ought to prepare masters for those South Park cars which utilize the 34' car roof).

2 comments:

Mama York said...

Impressive work Michael! You are using your talent and background knowledge well!

Mama York said...

You do have the best wife ever... for sure! She is so pretty too! She is an awesome daughter-in-law too!