Thursday, January 28, 2010

OR&L Roof, test photos

The following are photos of the roof framing. I still have the end details to assemble...but most are formed.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



Here are photos of 4 South Park cars. 3 are On3, one is an HOn3 kit that I touch every couple of years or so (she was a clearance item). Please click on the comments button if you have any positive or negative feedback on the flat and coal car decks...I'm not completely happy with them.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Edit: Mein Frau finds the black spot on the mat to be gross. It is actually some of my beloved Viennese Coffee which is grown in Yemen, roasted in Vienna, and purchased at a specialty grocer. Also, the flat and coal car are my only cars with a pocket for the weights. The advantage is that you can't see the weights when the cars are turned over; the disadvantage is that the sills aren't the full depth and the trussrods don't extend to the ends of the cars. I now prefer to leave off the intermediate sills and add them there. Sure, I could use loads...but half or so of the cars should be empty (coal/oar/lumber out, empties in).

No comments: