Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gluing and soldering

I spend this evening (which didn't get started until 8pm) gluing the foam & track to the benchwork. I managed to get slightly more than half of it down. I also wired 1/4 of the layout for DCC using Free-mo standards (14 gauge buss, 18 gauge feeders). Every piece of rail has a lead and no rail joiners are used on each section (solder instead). I'm trying to force myself to get the mainline back into service for when Evan and Addy come to visit. In prep for this, I also created my trestle deck template. I want the full oval to be back in service...and maybe some rudimentery scenery.

Chester got a little too excited seeing the Grandt Line porter make a test run...so had him go downstairs with me. He's a good little model railroader, but he's sometimes too aggressive. His fuzzy paws with claws aren't very good at helping. He came back up when the Goose #4 was making a test run (Goose #4 has sound). Finally, C&S #22 took a pair of Grandt Line stock cars and caboose #1006 over the freshly wired track. #40 is currently in pieces for when I feel like creating molds of the domes.

I'll probably decide some night that it is again time to go back to the passenger cars and knock all 4 sides out. The first two are looking quite nice. I've got to decide if #3 and #5 had 6" or 8" boards above the windows. I guess I should just calulate it from the specs...

No comments: