Sunday, October 24, 2010

Window spacing?

I used four reject windows to check the spacing:

Photobucket

The far right is 5" between the frames, and then 4" and 3" at left. I like 3" the best, but changing the spacing would force me to widen the windows to compensate or else there'll be too much space at the ends of the cars. I'll probably try wider windows with 4" posts and see how that looks.

My caster's regular work has picked up and so I'll be bringing the work in house. I'll have to decide if I want to get the Oahu Railway coaches into production now or get the South Park kits together first. I'll probably start producing the Oahu Railway coaches and then work on the South Park cars in between filling orders. The Oahu Railway kits are time consuming to cast...I don't see how most of these kits could be commercially viable if the pattern work wasn't donated (as a part of my regular hobby pursuits).

No comments: