Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oahu Framing

The shop-built Oahu Railway coaches didn't have ceilings (sheathing under the framing). Accordingly, I consider it important to have a prototypical frame under the cars which is consistent with that under the surviving coaches.

Photobucket

The red mark is the result of my toddler and his red crayon...I'll remove it before the mold is made. Every visible surface on the frame has been textured with wood grain. I'm in the process of researching the hardware that goes on it (and what can be cast in-situ). I've identified two bolster types, but not been able to clearly determine if one style was specific to Carter built cars or shop built cars. I do think that the Carter built cars and #64 had ceilings (#64 definitely did).

I've temporarily cleared my workspace and filled it with grad school stuff in my attempt to gain freedom for hell (grad school).

No comments: